UPDATE: Spotify said in Advanced Talks to Acquire SoundCloud - FT (AAPL) (TWTR)
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 4:48 PM EDT)
Spotify said in advanced talks to acquire SoundCloud, according to the Financial Times.
UPDATE - Investors in SoundCloud include Twitter (NYSE: TWTR), which invested in the online streaming music platform last summer.
Spotify reached 40 million paying subs in September (and 100 million total subs globally), though data wasn't available for SoundCloud. Apple's (Nasdaq: AAPL) Apple Music has around 17 million paying subs.
Pandora and Apple are on watch amid the news.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- AT&T (T), Time Warner (TWX) Have Held Merger Talks - CNBC's Faber
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!