UPDATE: Rite Aid (RAD) Climbs; Walgreens (WBA) Said to Sign Up Suitors for Divestitures - DealReporter
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:36 PM EDT)
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:24 PM EDT)
Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) climbed Friday on reports that it and acquirer Walgreens (NYSE: WBA) signed confidentiality pacts with buyers of divestitures. According to DealReporter, citing two sources, potential buyers include Kroger (NYSE: KR), CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), Fred's (NASDAQ: FRED), and KPH Healthcare's Kinney Drugs.
Rite Aid and Walgreens are open to selling all stores to a single buyer or dividing them up.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- Virgin America (VA) Gains; Alaska Air (ALK) Near Consent Decree - CTFN
- Coach (COH), Burberry Not in Active Merger Talks - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!