UPDATE: Rite Aid (RAD) Climbs; Walgreens (WBA) Said to Sign Up Suitors for Divestitures - DealReporter
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:36 PM EDT)
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:24 PM EDT)
Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) climbed Friday on reports that it and acquirer Walgreens (NYSE: WBA) signed confidentiality pacts with buyers of divestitures. According to DealReporter, citing two sources, potential buyers include Kroger (NYSE: KR), CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), Fred's (NASDAQ: FRED), and KPH Healthcare's Kinney Drugs.
Rite Aid and Walgreens are open to selling all stores to a single buyer or dividing them up.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Toshiba considering spinning off semiconductor operations and selling a stake to Western Digital (WDC) - Nikkei
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said Expected to Get FTC Ok Any Day - NYP
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) FTC Probe Said to be Wrapping up - Mlex
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!