UPDATE: Rite Aid (RAD) Climbs; Walgreens (WBA) Said to Sign Up Suitors for Divestitures - DealReporter
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:36 PM EDT)
(Updated - October 7, 2016 2:24 PM EDT)
Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) climbed Friday on reports that it and acquirer Walgreens (NYSE: WBA) signed confidentiality pacts with buyers of divestitures. According to DealReporter, citing two sources, potential buyers include Kroger (NYSE: KR), CVS Health (NYSE: CVS), Fred's (NASDAQ: FRED), and KPH Healthcare's Kinney Drugs.
Rite Aid and Walgreens are open to selling all stores to a single buyer or dividing them up.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
- New Oriental Education (EDU) Declines; Standards Council to Investigate - Reuters
- Obama Poised to Block Chinese Takeover of Aixtron SE (AIXG) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!