UPDATE: Monsanto (MON) Said to Push Bayer for Price Closer to $130/Share - Bloomberg
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 11:02 AM EDT)
Discussion between Bayer and Monsanto (NYSE: MON) are in the final stretch, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. An agreement could be reached as early as next week, and Bayer's supervisory board is scheduled to discuss the deal on Wednesday.
The report said Monsanto is pushing for a price closer to $130 per share. The companies are also discussing increasing the $1.5 billion breakup fee.
Earlier CNBC reported that a deal was likely to be announced next week with the price seen in the high $120s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: KKR & Co. (KKR) said to be investor in Netscout Systems (NTCT)
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Said 'Very Close' on One or More Asset Sales
- TGP Exits $2B Race for McDonald's (MCD) China Business - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!