UPDATE: Monsanto (MON) Said to Push Bayer for Price Closer to $130/Share - Bloomberg
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 11:02 AM EDT)
Discussion between Bayer and Monsanto (NYSE: MON) are in the final stretch, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. An agreement could be reached as early as next week, and Bayer's supervisory board is scheduled to discuss the deal on Wednesday.
The report said Monsanto is pushing for a price closer to $130 per share. The companies are also discussing increasing the $1.5 billion breakup fee.
Earlier CNBC reported that a deal was likely to be announced next week with the price seen in the high $120s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Aon nears $4.5 billion sale of benefits outsourcing unit - sources
- Aon plc (AON) Ticks Higher on Plans to Sell Benefits Outsourcing Unit
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Sells Australia and New Zealand Grocery Business to Bega Cheese Limited for $460M AUD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!