UPDATE: Monsanto (MON) Said to Push Bayer for Price Closer to $130/Share - Bloomberg
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 11:02 AM EDT)
Discussion between Bayer and Monsanto (NYSE: MON) are in the final stretch, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. An agreement could be reached as early as next week, and Bayer's supervisory board is scheduled to discuss the deal on Wednesday.
The report said Monsanto is pushing for a price closer to $130 per share. The companies are also discussing increasing the $1.5 billion breakup fee.
Earlier CNBC reported that a deal was likely to be announced next week with the price seen in the high $120s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Exclusive: Dick's wins auction for U.S. business of bankrupt Golfsmith - sources
- AT&T (T) said pushing to reach Time Warner (TWX) deal by Monday - Bloomberg
- Exclusive: Digital media company Everyday Health explores sale - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!