UPDATE: Monsanto (MON) Said to Push Bayer for Price Closer to $130/Share - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 9, 2016 11:02 AM EDT)
Discussion between Bayer and Monsanto (NYSE: MON) are in the final stretch, according to Bloomberg, citing people familiar with the matter. An agreement could be reached as early as next week, and Bayer's supervisory board is scheduled to discuss the deal on Wednesday.
The report said Monsanto is pushing for a price closer to $130 per share. The companies are also discussing increasing the $1.5 billion breakup fee.
Earlier CNBC reported that a deal was likely to be announced next week with the price seen in the high $120s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) Thinks Time Warner (TWX) Deal Has Good Chance After Talking to Trump's Team - FT
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!