UPDATE: Brookfield said to weigh takeover Performance Sports Group (PSG)
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 11:31 AM EDT)
Performance Sports Group (NYSE: PSG) trading paused for volatility.
Brookfield Asset Management (NYSE: BAM) is said to weigh takeover of the company, according to Bloomberg. Brookfield has accumulated a 13.2 percent stake in the company.
Performance Sports' ex-chair is also weighing a bid for the company's debt.
Performance Sports hired Centerview Partners in August to advice on its strategic review.
Shares were up nearly 16 percent at the pause.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Dr Pepper Snapple Group (DPS) Said in Talks to Buy Bai Brands - Reuters
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!