UPDATE: Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Nearing Deal to Acquire Brocade Communications (BRCD) - Reuters
- Wall Street drops as banks, health stocks weigh
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 3:06 PM EDT)
Broadcom Ltd. (Nasdaq: AVGO) is nearing a deal to acquire Brocade Communications (Nasdaq: BRCD), according to Reuters, citing people familiar with the matter. A deal could be announced later this week.
If the deal succeeds, Broadcom would keep Brocade's fibre channel and storage business and aim to divest its networking business.
A deal isn't final and talks could still fall apart.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- VCA Antech (WOOF) on Watch on Antitrust Concerns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!