UPDATE: Amazon.com (AMZN) Said Planning New Video Chat Service Following Recent Acquisition
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 23, 2016 12:26 PM EST)
UPDATE - TechCrunch noted that Amazon's launch of a video chat service also follows a recent acquisition of Biba Systems, a company that develops and operates video messaging apps aimed at business users.
Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) and its Skype platform might be a potential target for Amazon with the upcoming offering.
It wasn't made clear whether the service might potentially be part of Amazon's Prime membership or run as a standalone platform.
Shares of Amazon are down 1.3 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Japan's TDK in Talks to Buy InvenSense (INVN) - Reuters
- Transocean (RIG) Closes Acquisition of Transocean Partners
- Actions Semiconductor (ACTS) Shareholders Approve Going Private Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!