TheStreetSweeper Cautious on Ingram Micro (IM)
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TheStreetSweeper is out cautious on Ingram Micro (NYSE: IM) related to the pending merger.
Stock in the Irvine, California-based information technology company rocketed in February on news of a premium buy-out offer from a China-based tourism company. But newly leaked Chinese documents indicate such overseas acquisitions will not win Chinese governmental approval. We expect the stock to plunge because ...
*New restrictions may doom the buyout and most investors are unaware of this risk.
*A tweet about the leaked regulations apparently sparked dramatic stock declines for a Chinese go-private deal.
*Sell-side analysts appear unaware of the risk-filled regulations.
*The situation sets up a significant short opportunity.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Federal Judge to Block Anthem (ANTM), Cigna Corp. (CI) Merger - NYP
- Intricon Corporation (IIN) Exercises Option to Acquire Remaining 80% Stake in Hearing Help Express
- Wix.com (WIX) to Acquire flok
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Short Sales
Related EntitiesTheStreetSweeper, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!