Thayer Lodging Group Acquires three Marriott-branded (MAR) hotels at Miami International Airport
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
Thayer Lodging Group has acquired a complex of three Marriott-branded hotels at Miami International Airport from Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for $57.5 million. Thayer said it plans to invest an additional $65 million to totally makeover the complex. The renovation/construction will take place in phases, with a final completion date planned for early 2009 to coincide with completion of a major expansion of the airport and regional transportation hub. Marriott will continue to manage the hotels and oversee all construction and renovation projects.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: MKM Partners Upgrades Marriott International (MAR) to Buy
- Marriott International Announces Energy Conservation Results on Earth Day
- Nokia (NOK) Searches All Arond for Potential HERE Maps Buyer (FB) (AMZN) (HAR)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!