Thayer Lodging Group Acquires three Marriott-branded (MAR) hotels at Miami International Airport
- Top 10 News for 2/23 - 2/27: Revised GDP Slips, but Beats, in Q4; Two Pharma Giants to Merge; Net Neutrality Passes
- UPDATE: Revised Q4 GDP Growth Slows to 2.2% as Private Inventory Investment Estimate Trimmed
- Former AIG (AIG) CEO Benmosche Dies at Age 70
- UPDATE: FDIC Takes Over Doral Bank (DRL) in Puerto Rico
- Ericsson (ERIC) Files Complaints Against Apple (AAPL) Over Patent Infringement
Thayer Lodging Group has acquired a complex of three Marriott-branded hotels at Miami International Airport from Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for $57.5 million. Thayer said it plans to invest an additional $65 million to totally makeover the complex. The renovation/construction will take place in phases, with a final completion date planned for early 2009 to coincide with completion of a major expansion of the airport and regional transportation hub. Marriott will continue to manage the hotels and oversee all construction and renovation projects.
You May Also Be Interested In
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dove Mountain Introduces Sonoran Stars, Celebrating Arizona Astronomy and a New Five-Star Rating for the Southwest Resort
- Plains All American Pipeline (PAA) Announces Acquisition of Legion Terminals
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC) Said to Weigh Possible Sale (JNJ) (NVS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!