Thayer Lodging Group Acquires three Marriott-branded (MAR) hotels at Miami International Airport
- Wall St. down over 2 percent as tech rout deepens, oil drops
- Apollo Global to Acquire Apollo Education Group (APOL) for $9.50/Share
- Chesapeake Energy (CHK) Has No Plans to Pursue Bankruptcy - Statement
- Global shares tumble on global growth concerns; Treasury yields fall
- Three Multi-Billion Dollar Ponzi Schemes to Be Exposed by Madoff Whistle Blower
Thayer Lodging Group has acquired a complex of three Marriott-branded hotels at Miami International Airport from Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) for $57.5 million. Thayer said it plans to invest an additional $65 million to totally makeover the complex. The renovation/construction will take place in phases, with a final completion date planned for early 2009 to coincide with completion of a major expansion of the airport and regional transportation hub. Marriott will continue to manage the hotels and oversee all construction and renovation projects.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Outerwall (OUTR) Targeted by Activist Engaged Capital - Bloomberg
- Brown & Brown (BRO) Unit Acquires Social Security Advocates for the Disabled
- Tahoe Resources (TAHO) to Acquire Lake Shore Gold (LSG)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!