Tesla shareholders approve acquisition of SolarCity
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
A Tesla Model S charges at a Tesla Supercharger station in Cabazon, California, U.S. May 18, 2016. REUTERS/Sam Mircovich/File Photo
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) shareholders voted "overwhelmingly" in favor of acquiring SolarCity Corp (NASDAQ: SCTY) on Thursday, handing a victory to Chief Executive Elon Musk as he tries to create a carbon-free energy and transportation company.
The company's special meeting of stockholders was broadcast live on the Internet.
(Reporting by Alexandria Sage; Editing by Matthew Lewis)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- MSC Software draws takeover interest from Apax, Advent - Bloomberg
- Ohio passes second, less restrictive, abortion bill
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Reuters
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!