Tesla shareholders approve acquisition of SolarCity
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
A Tesla Model S charges at a Tesla Supercharger station in Cabazon, California, U.S. May 18, 2016. REUTERS/Sam Mircovich/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) shareholders voted "overwhelmingly" in favor of acquiring SolarCity Corp (NASDAQ: SCTY) on Thursday, handing a victory to Chief Executive Elon Musk as he tries to create a carbon-free energy and transportation company.
The company's special meeting of stockholders was broadcast live on the Internet.
(Reporting by Alexandria Sage; Editing by Matthew Lewis)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- People missing from avalanche-hit hotel in Italy rise to 24
- Syrian rebels call on Russia to help defend ceasefire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Reuters
Related EntitiesTesla, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!