T-Mobile (TMUS) Seen as Target as Comcast (CMCSA) Readies Wireless Ambtions
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) is modestly higher Wednesday (+2.2%) on renewed takeover speculation after Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) CEO Brian Roberts acknowledged for the first time Tuesday that the company has plans to offer an MVNO-based wireless service in mid-2017.
This has speculators thinking that Comcast could further its plans by acquiring T-Mobile, which has long been rumored a takeover target. In fact in June of 2015, reports surfaced overseas that Comcast was interested in acquiring T-Mobile, although a deal never materialized.
A WSJ 'Heard on the Street' column overnight added to the speculation. The report stated: "Owning T-Mobile would let Comcast benefit from this momentum and give it instant access to a nationwide wireless network."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) -Tronc (TRNC) deal still in doubt as banks said to withdraw financing
- T-Mobile (TMUS) Potential Capacity Crunch May Slow Momentum vs. Sprint (S) - FBR
- Tesla (TSLA) Model 3 Plans Doesn't Require Capital Raise; SolarCity (SCTY) Could be a Cash Contributor - Musk
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!