T-Mobile (TMUS) Seen as Target as Comcast (CMCSA) Readies Wireless Ambtions
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) is modestly higher Wednesday (+2.2%) on renewed takeover speculation after Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) CEO Brian Roberts acknowledged for the first time Tuesday that the company has plans to offer an MVNO-based wireless service in mid-2017.
This has speculators thinking that Comcast could further its plans by acquiring T-Mobile, which has long been rumored a takeover target. In fact in June of 2015, reports surfaced overseas that Comcast was interested in acquiring T-Mobile, although a deal never materialized.
A WSJ 'Heard on the Street' column overnight added to the speculation. The report stated: "Owning T-Mobile would let Comcast benefit from this momentum and give it instant access to a nationwide wireless network."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Scottrade Said to Attract Interest from TD Ameritrade (AMTD) - Bloomberg
- Goodyear Tire (GT) on Watch Amid Takeover Rumors
- Acadia Pharma (ACAD) on Watch Amid rumors of Allergan (AGN) Interest
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!