Shareholder adviser Glass Lewis backs AB InBev takeover of SABMiller
- S&P 500, Nasdaq set records as tech, banks lead
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Tops Q4 EPS by 20c, Issues Solid Q1 Outlook
- Intuitive Surgical (ISRG) Tops Q4 EPS by 10c; $2B Accelerated Share Repurchase
- Seagate Technology (STX) Tops Q2 EPS by 30c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/24: (BOBE) (STX) (WDC) Higher; (NEWT) (MRCY) (CA) Lower (more...)
A glass with beer and a bottle of Corona are seen in this picture illustration November 5, 2015. REUTERS/Dado Ruvic/Illustration/File Photo
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
LONDON (Reuters) - Investor advisory firm Glass Lewis has recommended SABMiller (NYSE: SAB) shareholders vote in favor of its takeover by Anheuser-Busch InBev (NYSE: ABI), adding to the likelihood of the $100 billion-plus beer mega-merger getting done.
One of the biggest deals in corporate history, which will marry brands such as Castle Lager and Corona, has been endorsed by both companies' boards. It will face a shareholder vote on Sept. 28.
Glass Lewis said the cash offer was a fair price at which SABMiller shareholders could cash out and immediately realize a significant premium. It also said the deal represented a historically high valuation multiple.
"Based on these factors, along with the unanimous support of the board, we believe the proposed acquisition is in the best interests of shareholders," the firm said in its report.
(Reporting by Martinne Geller; Editing by Mark Potter)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- WestRock (WRK) to Acquire Multi Packaging Solutions (MPSX) for $18 per share
- RealPage (RP) to Acquire Axiometrics
- Net 1 UEPS Technologies (UEPS) Acquires 30% Stake in Bank Frick
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Reuters
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!