Sear's (SHLD) Craftsman Said to Get Interest From Black & Decker, TTI, Others (SWK)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 4, 2016 11:25 AM EDT)
Sears Holdings' (NASDAQ: SHLD) Craftsman said to get interest from Black & Decker, Techtronic Industries - Bloomberg
UPDATE - Apex, Husqvarna AB are also said to have explored an offer for Craftsman.
Craftsman is said to be valued around $2 billion. Bids for the unit are due by the end of this month, sources said. There's also no guarantee that a deal will get done.
Sears announced plans last May to consider options for its Craftsman, Kenmore, and DieHard brands, along with its Sears Home Services unit.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks with Actelion Said to Progress After New Offer North of $250/Share - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Cummins (CMI) to Explore Sale of Filtration Business - Reuters
- Exclusive: U.S. standards council to investigate New Oriental after Reuters report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity, Rumors, Spinoffs, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!