Schulze Having Serious Trouble Financing Best Buy (BBY) Takeover
- Top 10 News for 7/28 - 8/1: FOMC Tapers Further, Rates Still Intact; Jobs Growth Elusive in July; Argentina Defaults. Again.
- July Nonfarm Payrolls 209K vs 230K Expected, UE Rate 6.2% vs 6.1%
- Procter & Gamble Co. (PG) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c
- Mobileye (MBLY) IPO Opens at $36
- GM (GM) July U.S. Auto Sales Rose 9.4%, Missing Expectations Amid Double-Digit Pickup, SUV Gains
According to reports Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) founder Richard Schulze is having trouble securing financing for his planned takeover of the retailer. According to sources cited by Reuters, attempts failed, and alternative strategies that include a minority interest may not work out either.
You May Also Be Interested In
- France's Iliad Made Offer for T-Mobile (TMUS) - DJ
- ZF Friedrichshafen supervisory board said to support takeover talks with TRW (TRW) - Bloomberg
- FIMI Opportunity Fund to Acquire 40% of Magal Security Systems Ltd (MAGS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!