RailAmerica (RA) Says Considering Alternatives, Possible Sale
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
RailAmerica, Inc. (NYSE: RA) today, in response to market rumors, stated that its Board of Directors is considering strategic alternatives, which may include a sale of the Company. In connection with its evaluation, the Company is engaged in preliminary discussions with third parties regarding a potential sale of the Company. There can be no assurances that any agreement will be reached with respect to a transaction or that a transaction will be consummated. The Company has retained Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. as its financial advisor and to assist in its evaluation. The Company further stated that it does not intend to make any additional comments on this matter unless and until a definitive agreement has been reached.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Dillard's (DDS) Urged by Marcato to Spin Real Estate Assets Into REIT - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: CGG (CGG) to Weigh Sale After Rejecting Offer from Technip
- Blackstone (BX) to Acquire GE Japan Corp.'s Residential Real Estate Business in YEN 190B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!