RailAmerica (RA) Says Considering Alternatives, Possible Sale
- Top 10 News for 10/5 - 10/9: Twitter Names New CEO; Fed Cautious on Hike Amid Global Slowdown; GE Gets New Activist
- Wall Street ekes out small gain to cap strongest week of year
- DSV to Acquire UTi Worldwide (UTIW) in $1.35B Deal
- SolarWinds (SWI) Commences Review of Strategic Alternatives
- Barclays Downgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Underweight
RailAmerica, Inc. (NYSE: RA) today, in response to market rumors, stated that its Board of Directors is considering strategic alternatives, which may include a sale of the Company. In connection with its evaluation, the Company is engaged in preliminary discussions with third parties regarding a potential sale of the Company. There can be no assurances that any agreement will be reached with respect to a transaction or that a transaction will be consummated. The Company has retained Deutsche Bank Securities Inc. as its financial advisor and to assist in its evaluation. The Company further stated that it does not intend to make any additional comments on this matter unless and until a definitive agreement has been reached.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Dow Chemical (DOW) Ag Business & DuPont (DD) Ag Business Combo Seen as 'Strategically Sound' at Deutsche Bank
- Towers Watson (TW) Shareholders Said Considering Vote Against Willis Group (WSH) Deal
- EMC (EMC) Worth $30+ Takeover or Not, Raymond James Says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!