Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc. (DKS) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS; Issues Mixed Q1, FY14 Outlook
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 3/11: (LJPC) (BYD) (FCEL) Higher; (FTEK) (RTK) (MYGN) Lower (more...)
- Cohen's SAC Capital to Take on New Name in April
- Apple (AAPL) Pressures Labels for More Exclusive Music Deals as iTunes Growth Flattens
- La Jolla Pharma (LJPC) GCS-100 Phase 2 Met Primary, Secondary Endpoints
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oracle Launches International Event Series for Modern Marketers
- Blackstone (BX)-Led Private Equity Consortium Preparing $5.5B Bid for Gates Global - WSJ
- Premier Exhibitions (PRXI) to Explore Strategic Alternatives
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!