Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 07/29: (PGTI) (CAMT) (DCO) Higher; (EBSB) (GALT) (TRGT) Lower
- Windstream (WIN) Plans to Spin Certain Telecom Assets Into Public REIT
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- Ford Motor (F) to Drop BlackBerry (BBRY) in Favor of Apple's (AAPL) iPhone - Bloomberg
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Expiration Date of Tender Offer for MICROS Systems, Inc. Shares Extended to August 15, 2014
- Zillow (Z) in Talks to Buy Trulia (TRLA) - Bloomberg
- Hospira (HSP) May Acquire Danone's Medical-Nutrition Business in $5B Deal - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!