Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) IPO Opens Up 63%
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/19: (PETX) (APP) (CERS) (RHT) Higher; (IMGN) (TNK) (NQ) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Cowen Lists Top 10 Potential Biotech Surprises Of 2015; Is an Old Fashioned Scandal in the Cards? (GILD) (BIIB) (AEGR) (more...)
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- American Apparel (APP) Said to Get Takeover Offer at $1.30 - $1.40/Share - NYPost
- Streetinsider.com's Hot Lunchtime Reads 12/18: (CHH) (DE) (NQ) (BBRY)
- Ashford Hospitality Trust (AHT) to Acquire Remaining Highland Hospitality Portfolio
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!