Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Top 10 News for 2/8 - 2/12: Banks Crushed Amid Global Concerns; Tesla Ramps on Outlook; SEC Targets Boeing
- Wall Street rallies; S&P 500 snaps five-day losing streak
- Loeb's Third Point LLC 13F Shows New Stake Axalta (AXTA), Morgan Stanley (MS), Liquidates T-Mobile (TMUS), Lowers eBay (EBAY) ...
- Intercept Pharma (ICPT) Said to Explore Sale Following Interest
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Plans EUR 3B, $2B Debt Buyback
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lenox Uses Oracle to Lift E-Commerce Sales 26 Percent During the Holiday Season
- Oracle to Present at Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference 2016
- UPDATE: EMC Corp. (EMC) Shares Hit on Concerns About Dell Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!