Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Dow, S&P hit highs; Trump comment hammers drug stocks
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Instinet Reiterates Buy on Oracle (ORCL) Ahead of 2Q Report
- Immunomedics (IMMU) Exploring a Sale - DealReporter
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!