Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Wall Street up; S&P on track for best week in 2015
- DSV to Acquire UTi Worldwide (UTIW) in $1.35B Deal
- SolarWinds (SWI) Commences Review of Strategic Alternatives
- Pre-Open Stock 10/09: (UTIW) (ZINC) (TCK) Higher; (LDRH) (SMCI) (RT) Lower (more..)
- Barclays Downgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Underweight
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MLB Network Leads Off With Oracle to Chronicle Baseball History and Expand Programming
- Rimini Street Delivers Global 2015 Tax, Legal and Regulatory Updates for North America, EMEA and Asia-Pacific
- SolarWinds (SWI) Said in LBO Talks with Private Equity - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!