Oracle (ORCL) to Acquire Virtualization Provider Xsigo Systems
- Charter Communications (CHTR) Nears $55B Takeover of Time Warner Cable (TWC)
- Top 10 News for 5/18 - 5/22: Fed Rate Hike Pushed Back; Icahn Calls for More Apple Buybacks; Big Banks Settle FX Probe
- Yellen Says Rate Hike at Some Point This Year 'Appropriate'
- Deere & Co. (DE) Posts Q2 EPS of $2.03; Lowers Equipment Sales Outlook for FY15
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c; Guides Q3 EPS to Low-Side of Expectations
Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Xsigo Systems, a leading provider of network virtualization technology.
- Xsigo's software-defined networking technology simplifies cloud infrastructure and operations by allowing customers to dynamically and flexibly connect any server to any network and storage, resulting in increased asset utilization and application performance while reducing cost.
- The company's products have been deployed at hundreds of enterprise customers including British Telecom, eBay, Softbank and Verizon.
- The combination of Xsigo for network virtualization and Oracle VM for server virtualization is expected to deliver a complete set of virtualization capabilities for cloud environments.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- salesforce.com (CRM) Valuation, Outlook Caused SAP (SAP) to Stem Potential M&A Efforts
- Charter (CHTR) May Need to Go North of $170/Share for Time Warner Cable (TWC) as Bidding War Begins Emerging
- US Concrete (USCR) Completes Colonial Concrete Co. Acquisition
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!