Nuance Communications (NUAN) Said to Have Held Talks with Samsung, PE firms About Possible Sale
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/2 (CNQR) (TTPH) (FLEX) Higher; (END) (HELE) (CDW) Lower (more...)
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
(Updated - June 16, 2014 12:48 PM EDT)
Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) said to have held talks with Samsung, private equity firms, according to the WSJ.
Nuance is looking to explore options for a possible sale.
The WSJ noted that activist investor Carl Icahn is one of Nuance's largest shareholders with a 19 percent stake (as of March 31st). Icahn also has two reps on the company's board of directors.
Customers for Nuance, which develops voice-powered technology used in mobile devices and for other applications, include Daimler, Nintendo, and Panasonic.
Shares of Nuance are up 7.4 percent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Home Depot (HD) Hit on Reports of Massive Credit Card Breach
- Digital Ally (DGLY) CEO, Chairman Sees Revenue Growth of 26% in FY14
- UBS Remains Bullish on Biotech; Achillion Pharma (ACHN) PT Raised to $15 (AMGN) (CELG) (GILD) (MDVN)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!