Nuance Communications (NUAN) Said to Have Held Talks with Samsung, PE firms About Possible Sale
- Top 10 News for 4/20 - 4/24: Comcast Cancels Time Warner Deal; Teva/Mylan/Perrigo Saga Continues; Big Names, Solid Earnings
- Comcast (CMCSA) Terminates Time Warner Cable (TWC) Merger Agreement (CHTR)
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c, Sales Beat
- Mylan (MYL) to Begin Cash, Stock Tender of Perrigo (PRGO)
- Biogen (BIIB) Misses Q1 EPS by 6c; Revs Light
(Updated - June 16, 2014 12:48 PM EDT)
Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) said to have held talks with Samsung, private equity firms, according to the WSJ.
Nuance is looking to explore options for a possible sale.
The WSJ noted that activist investor Carl Icahn is one of Nuance's largest shareholders with a 19 percent stake (as of March 31st). Icahn also has two reps on the company's board of directors.
Customers for Nuance, which develops voice-powered technology used in mobile devices and for other applications, include Daimler, Nintendo, and Panasonic.
Shares of Nuance are up 7.4 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Disney (DIS) on Watch Amid Unconfirmed Chatter of Icahn Stake
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Remains Committed to Mylan (MYL) Deal - Bloomberg
- Inventure Foods (SNAK) Issues Recal on 'Fresh Frozen' and 'Jamba "At Home"' Smoothie Kits
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!