Nuance Communications (NUAN) Said to Have Held Talks with Samsung, PE firms About Possible Sale
- Market Wrap: CPI Slips in Jan.; The 'Net Gets More Neutral; Apple Plans Watch Event
- Gap, Inc. (GPS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c, FY EPS Guidance Misses
- After-Hours Stock Movers 02/26: (SREV) (BLOX) (MNST) Higher; (TUBE) (RESN) (VTAE) (WTW) Lower (more...)
- Herbalife (HLF) Tops Q4 EPS by 16c; Guides FY15 Below Views
- JCPenney (JCP) Posts Breakeven Q4 Loss; Comps Rose 4.4%
(Updated - June 16, 2014 12:48 PM EDT)
Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) said to have held talks with Samsung, private equity firms, according to the WSJ.
Nuance is looking to explore options for a possible sale.
The WSJ noted that activist investor Carl Icahn is one of Nuance's largest shareholders with a 19 percent stake (as of March 31st). Icahn also has two reps on the company's board of directors.
Customers for Nuance, which develops voice-powered technology used in mobile devices and for other applications, include Daimler, Nintendo, and Panasonic.
Shares of Nuance are up 7.4 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anti-Herbalife (HLF) Activists Put Heat on Icahn, Soros - NYP
- Amarin Corp plc (AMRN) Resume Trading; Shares Up 15%
- Marathon Partners Seeks Seats on Shutterfly's (SFLY) Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!