Nuance Communications (NUAN) Said to Have Held Talks with Samsung, PE firms About Possible Sale
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (LIVE) (ZAZA) (HSTM) Higher; (RNO) (BBLU) (MNGA) Lower
- The Coca Cola Company (KO) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS
- ECB Floats Corporate Bond Buying 'Trial Ballon'
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (NEON) (ILMN) (HOG) (AAPL) Higher; (RNO) (KO) (MCD) Lower (more...)
(Updated - June 16, 2014 12:48 PM EDT)
Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) said to have held talks with Samsung, private equity firms, according to the WSJ.
Nuance is looking to explore options for a possible sale.
The WSJ noted that activist investor Carl Icahn is one of Nuance's largest shareholders with a 19 percent stake (as of March 31st). Icahn also has two reps on the company's board of directors.
Customers for Nuance, which develops voice-powered technology used in mobile devices and for other applications, include Daimler, Nintendo, and Panasonic.
Shares of Nuance are up 7.4 percent.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: GNC Holdings (GNC), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI) Gain; Vitamin Shoppe in Talks About Hiring Advisor - Reuters
- Lakeland Industries (LAKE), Others on Watch as Government Looks to Stockpile PPE
- UPDATE: Ocwen Financial (OCN) Moves Sharply Lower; NYDFS Accuses of Backdating Letters to Borrowers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!