Nuance Communications (NUAN) Said to Have Held Talks with Samsung, PE firms About Possible Sale
- Apple (AAPL) May Have Been Given Illegal Irish Tax Aid, European Commission Warns
- News Corp (NWSA) to Acquire Move (MOVE) for $21/Share
- Apple (AAPL) iPhone 6/6+ Available In China Starting October 17
- Market Wrap: Ford Cuts Outlook; Splitsville for NiSoure; Pending Sales Slump in August
- Ford Motor (F) Sees N. America Margins ~8% in FY14; Will Lose $1B in S. America This Year
(Updated - June 16, 2014 12:48 PM EDT)
Nuance Communications (NASDAQ: NUAN) said to have held talks with Samsung, private equity firms, according to the WSJ.
Nuance is looking to explore options for a possible sale.
The WSJ noted that activist investor Carl Icahn is one of Nuance's largest shareholders with a 19 percent stake (as of March 31st). Icahn also has two reps on the company's board of directors.
Customers for Nuance, which develops voice-powered technology used in mobile devices and for other applications, include Daimler, Nintendo, and Panasonic.
Shares of Nuance are up 7.4 percent.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Computer Sciences Corp. (CSC) Exploring LBO - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Alimera Sciences (ALIM), pSivida (PSDV) Win FDA Approval for Iluvien as Chronic DME Treatment
- UPDATE: Sprint Corp. (S) Pops Higher with Volume
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesCarl Icahn
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!