McClaren Refutes Rumors, Says Not in Talks with Apple (AAPL)
- Wall Street boosted by financial, tech stocks
- Oil falls on firmer dollar and profit-taking after OPEC rally
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Comps Rose 3%
- Deutsche Bank woes keep stocks on steep slide
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 09/30: (LXK) (AUPH) (DB) Higher; (OPHT) (CAMP) (CTSH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 21, 2016 12:50 PM EDT)
McClaren said it is not in talks with Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), refuting earlier rumors published in the FT that Apple was in talks to acquire the luxury car maker.
"We can confirm McLaren is not in discussion with Apple in respect of any potential investment," a McClaren spokesperson said.
A separate report this afternoon from the New York Times suggested that Apple was in talks with Lit Motors on a takeover.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexmark (LXK) Gets CFIUS Approval for Apex Tech Deal
- NXP Semi (NXPI) 'Will Not Comment' on Qualcomm (QCOM) Speculation
- Langley Holdings to Acquire Substantially All Assets of Active Power (ACPW) Under New Asset Purchase Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!