It's Just a Matter of Time Before Netflix (NFLX) is Acquired - TechCrunch
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
TechCrunch states in a new article it is not a matter of "if" but "when" and "who" buys Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX).
New rumors swirl in our Media 2.0 world about one massive potential tantalizing and game-changing deal – Disney buying behemoth SVOD service Netflix. That makes sense – and may happen – but Apple (or even Amazon) make even more sense.
Each has the means (Disney’s market cap is about 3X Netflix’s, Apple’s is a whopping 12X, and Amazon’s is 8X). In any event, Netflix will be bought. It’s only a question of when.
Rumors have been swirling around Netflix forever, but recently picked up steam following reports Disney (NYSE: DIS) was looking at Twitter (NYSE: TWTR). Now that Disney is said to be out of the bidding for Twitter, some on Wall Street believe it will set its sights on Netflix.
All are not convinced, however. Commenting on speculation of a Twitter or Netflix deal for Disney in a blog post yesterday, Moffett Nathanson said: " Given Disney’s recent move to invest in BAMTech, we question the assumption that Disney needs to buy Twitter or Netflix for that matter. Disney’s development of DisneyLife, investment in BAMtech and part ownership of Hulu shows that the company is trying to figure out how to gain greater direct access to their core consumers. That path forward appears to be incremental, rather than revolutionary and reliant on Disney’s own power brands."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Sanchez Energy (SN) in Talks to Partner with Blackstone (BX) on Deal for Anadarko Petroleum (APC) South Texas Assets - DJ
- Verizon Communications (VZ) To Acquire Vessel's Technology
- Zimmer Biomet Holdings (ZBH) Announces Acquisition of RespondWell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Hulu
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!