It's Just a Matter of Time Before Netflix (NFLX) is Acquired - TechCrunch
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
TechCrunch states in a new article it is not a matter of "if" but "when" and "who" buys Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX).
New rumors swirl in our Media 2.0 world about one massive potential tantalizing and game-changing deal – Disney buying behemoth SVOD service Netflix. That makes sense – and may happen – but Apple (or even Amazon) make even more sense.
Each has the means (Disney’s market cap is about 3X Netflix’s, Apple’s is a whopping 12X, and Amazon’s is 8X). In any event, Netflix will be bought. It’s only a question of when.
Rumors have been swirling around Netflix forever, but recently picked up steam following reports Disney (NYSE: DIS) was looking at Twitter (NYSE: TWTR). Now that Disney is said to be out of the bidding for Twitter, some on Wall Street believe it will set its sights on Netflix.
All are not convinced, however. Commenting on speculation of a Twitter or Netflix deal for Disney in a blog post yesterday, Moffett Nathanson said: " Given Disney’s recent move to invest in BAMTech, we question the assumption that Disney needs to buy Twitter or Netflix for that matter. Disney’s development of DisneyLife, investment in BAMtech and part ownership of Hulu shows that the company is trying to figure out how to gain greater direct access to their core consumers. That path forward appears to be incremental, rather than revolutionary and reliant on Disney’s own power brands."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) Thinks Time Warner (TWX) Deal Has Good Chance After Talking to Trump's Team - FT
- Bernstein 'Surprisingly' Likes the Idea of Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesTwitter, Hulu
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!