IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) to buy back 10% of dating app Tinder for $500 million - Bloomberg
- Wall Street drops as energy shares slump
- The 7 Reasons Behind BGC's Apple (AAPL) Downgrade to Sell
- Marcato Capital Files 13D on Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) Showing New 5.1% Stake
- salesforce (CRM) Was Willing and Able to Pay More for LinkedIn (LNKD)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/25: (S) (SPHS) (NPTN) Higher; (TBRA) (STRP) (TCCO) Lower
IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI) to buy back 10% of dating app Tinder for $500 million, Bloomberg reports.
IAC bought the stake from early Facebook employee and venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya, which places a new valuation of $5 billion on Tinder. Notably, IAC's entire market cap is $5.76 billion and Tinder makes up a tiny fraction of IAC's dating portfolio, which also includes: Match.com, Chemistry, PeopleMedia, okCupid, SpeedDate, DateHookup, Twoo, and others.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Vista Said to Remain Confident in U.S. Approval of Cvent, Inc. (CVT) Deal - Bloomberg
- Did AT&T (T) Win the Yahoo! (YHOO) Bidding?
- Exclusive: Emerson Electric in bid for Pentair's valves business - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!