IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) to buy back 10% of dating app Tinder for $500 million - Bloomberg
- Top 10 News for 11/17 - 11/21: Halliburton's Big Buy; Japan Back in Recession; China Cuts Key Rate
- China Cuts Benchmark Rate Amid Weaknening Growth Prospects; Markets React (FXI)
- Dow Chemical (DOW), Third Point Enter Agreement; Four New Independent Directors Added
- Large Cut from OPEC Would Be 'Self-Negating', Says Goldman Sachs
- UPDATE: Volkswagen AG (VLKAY) Will Invest EUR 85.6B Over Next 5Y in Auto Ops - Bloomberg
IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI) to buy back 10% of dating app Tinder for $500 million, Bloomberg reports.
IAC bought the stake from early Facebook employee and venture capitalist Chamath Palihapitiya, which places a new valuation of $5 billion on Tinder. Notably, IAC's entire market cap is $5.76 billion and Tinder makes up a tiny fraction of IAC's dating portfolio, which also includes: Match.com, Chemistry, PeopleMedia, okCupid, SpeedDate, DateHookup, Twoo, and others.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Riverbed Technology (RVBD) Active; Thoma Bravo, Bain, Hellman & Friedman Interested - Reuters
- Sundance Said in Talks with Swift Energy (SFY) for Acreage
- UPDATE: Tiger Management 13F Shows New Stakes in Alibaba (BABA) CoStar Group (CSGP) eBay Inc. (EBAY) Harman (HAR) and More
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!