Genworth Financial (GNW) volatility flat into deal with China Oceanwide
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Genworth Financial (NYSE: GNW) announced its acquisition by China Oceanwide for approximately $2.7B, or $5.43 per share. The mortgage insurer also secured $1.1B in a separate capital infusion from the Chinese group as it looks to offset nearly the same amount in special charges for the quarter. GNW October call option implied volatility is at 47, November is at 70: compared to its 52-week range of 49 to 110.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- Nielsen (NLSN) volatility elevated into 2016 analyst day
- Ciena (CIEN) calls active on 2.5 calls to 1 put into Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Options, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesOptions, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!