Galapagos NV (GLPG) CEO Would Be Against a Possible Gilead (GILD) Takeover
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Galapagos NV (NASDAQ: GLPG) CEO, Onno van de Stolpe, told investors at a presentation today that he would advise against a possible Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) takeover offer, Bloomberg News reported.
van de Stolpe sees not value in becoming the part of a drug company, he told Bloomberg after the presentation.
The CEO said the company is preparing to conquer the world independently.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: BAT Said to Plan Increased Bid for Reynolds American (RAI) as Soon as This Week - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Ixia (XXIA) Said Exploring Sale - Reuters
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!