GW Pharma (GWPH) Lower as Bid Speculation Questioned
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
After surging 24% over the past few sessions following reports from Reuters the company has been approached for a sale, GW Pharma (NASDAQ: GWPH) is down 5.5% in pre-open trade Friday as the speculation is questioned. Traders are pointing to a DailyMail report that tamps down expectations on an imminent deal.
The report highlights that the company has ample cash and can afford to go it alone. Also, a company spokesperson points out that Morgan Stanley, the bank said to be fielding GWPH offers, has acted as its banker for a many years (so nothing new there).
It should also be noted that the company is still presenting at next week's Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference (09/14) and Morgan Stanley analysts have not restricted coverage of the stock.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) calls expiring today active as shares rally
- TripAdvisor (TRIP) October calls expiring today active