GMP Securities to Acquire 5.5M Lundin Gold Shares from Kinross Gold (KGC)
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Kinross Gold Corporation (NYSE: KGC) announced the signing of an agreement with GMP Securities L.P. ("GMP") pursuant to which GMP has agreed to purchase, for re-sale on a private placement basis, 5,500,000 common shares of Lundin Gold Inc. ("Lundin Gold") (the "Sale"), representing approximately 4.6% of currently outstanding common shares. GMP is purchasing the shares at a price per share of CAD$5.60, resulting in gross proceeds of CAD$30,800,000.
Prior to closing of the Sale, Kinross holds 26,156,250 shares, representing approximately 22.1% of the issued and outstanding shares. Upon closing of the Sale, Kinross will hold 20,656,250 shares, representing approximately 17.4% of the issued and outstanding shares. All share ownership percentages in this news release are based on Lundin Gold's latest publicly released information regarding the number of shares currently outstanding.
Closing of the Sale is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to occur on or about October 5th, 2016. Kinross is selling the Lundin Gold shares as part of its portfolio management strategy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- HollyFrontier (HFC) said in talks to buy Suncor's (SU) Canada lubricants unit - Reuters
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM), Three Gorges Said to Weigh Bids for Odebrecht Plant - Bloomberg
- Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP) to Divest Corpus Christi Terminalling Assets for Net Proceeds of $93M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!