Fitbit (FIT) to Acquire Rival Pebble for a Mere $40M - Report
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Fitbit (NYSE: FIT) is fractionally higher (+1%) in pre-open trade Thursday amid reports it will acquire rival Pebble for between $34-$40 million, or just enough to cover debts. TechCrunch reported the price after following-up on the story first reported by The Information. The Information didn't report the price only saying it was a 'small amount.'
TechCrunch said in 2015 watch maker Citizen was interested in buying Pebble for $740 million, The deal fell apart and it made a $70 milion offer before the launch of the Pebble 2 Intel.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Silgan (SLGN) to Acquire WestRock's (WRK) Specialty Closures and Dispensing Systems Business for $1.03B
- Humana (HUM) Gains Into Close with Merger Blocked
- Sprint Corp. (S) Said to Pay $200M for Tidal Stake - Bloomberg, Citing MusicBusinessWorld
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Rumors
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Pre Market Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!