Exclusive: Macquarie prepares German metering firm Techem for sale - sources
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Macquarie Group's corporate logo is pictured on the wall of the Sydney headquarters after the Australian bank's full year results were announced, May 6, 2016. REUTERS/Jason Reed
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FRANKFURT (Reuters) - Australian infrastructure investor Macquarie
Macquarie has asked JP Morgan (NYSE: JPM), Deutsche Bank
Macquarie fought hard to win Techem in a hostile takeover battle in 2006. Prevailing after a year-long struggle with hedge funds and private-equity companies it bought the company in 2007 for 1.5 billion euros ($1.7 billion).
Macquarie and the banks declined to comment.
Techem is held in Macquarie's European Infrastructure Fund 2, established in 2006, which is fully invested since 2010 and whose duration is nearing its end.
Buyout groups typically hold companies for 3-5 years before selling them.
The timing of the planned sale has not yet been decided.
But Macquarie wants to make sure that a sale does not take place at the same time as peer Ista, owned by buyout group CVC and being presented to potential buyers with the help of Goldman Sachs (NYSE: GS), another person said.
In its fiscal year to March 2016, Techem posted adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization of 274 million euros on sales of 744 million euros.
It may be valued at up to 15 times its expected core earnings, people familiar with the industry said.
Techem is a supplier of energy invoicing and energy management in buildings. Founded in 1952 it has 3,500 employees servicing 10.3 million flats.
($1 = 0.8894 euros)
(Reporting by Arno Schuetze; editing by John Stonestreet)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- Streamline Health Solutions (STRM) Misses Q3 EPS by 2c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Reuters
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank, JPMorgan, Goldman Sachs, Hedge Funds, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!