EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- ITC Holdings (ITC) to Review of Strategic Alternatives Including Sale
- Wall St. dips with health, consumer shares; gains for November
- Market Wrap: Pending Sales Edge Higher in Oct.; Yuan Added to IMF's SDR; Amazon Shows-off Drone Tech
- SunTrust's Bob Peck Highlights 10 Candidates to Replace Yahoo! (YHOO) CEO Marissa Mayer
- After-Hours Stock Movers 11/30: (HFFC) (BLOX) (MFRM) Higher; (NQ) (AMSG) (SSH) Lower (more...)
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tribune Publishing (TPUB) Comments on Market Speculation
- Blackstone (BX), KIRKBI Enter Agreement to Acquire Charterhouse's Armacell
- Lear Corp. (LEA) Acquires Michigan-Based Arada Systems
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!