EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Fed Stress Test Shows all 31 Banks Exceed Minimum Requirements (JPM) (GS) (MS) (WFC) (BAC)
- Staples (SPLS) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Comps Fell 1%
- After-Hours Stock Movers 03/05: (CALA) (YY) (FNSR) Higher; (CKP) (EBS) (GPS) Lower (more...)
- Big Lots (BIG) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Guides FY15 EPS Below Consensus
- AbbVie (ABBV) to Acquire Pharmacyclics (PCYC) for $21 Billion
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Boeing (BA), Ryanair (RYAAY) Announce $280M 737-800 Jet Order
- UPDATE: Bain, Gold Gate Competing for ANN, Inc. (ANN) - Reuters
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) Completes EUR100M Acquisition of FRIGOBLOCK
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!