EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Fed to Remain Sitting on Their Hands in September - Goldman Sachs
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/4: (KBIO) (QKLS) (CFI) Higher; (VNCE) (ACI) (STXS) Lower
- Headline Jobs Data Misses but Unemployment Dips
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Down Into iPhone Event for First Time Since Original Released - Analyst
- Wall St. drops as jobs data leaves Fed-watchers hanging
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- SouFun (SFUN) Said in Talks with Housing.com for Investment or Buyout
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Said to Be Exploring Sale of Vuforia Augmented Reality Unit - re/code
- Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) TippingPoint Sale Suggets Split 'Going Well', Wells Fargo Um Says
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!