EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 7/29: (GEVO) (FTR) (WIN) (PLUG) Higher; (KBIO) (HLF) (LOCO) (UPS) Lower (more...)
- Windstream (WIN) Plans to Spin Certain Telecom Assets Into Public REIT
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c; Cuts FY14 EPS Outlook
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBM (IBM) Rejects Offer for Chip-Making Unit - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) to Sell Certain Global Special Opportunities Group Assets Valued at ~$1.3B
- Kindred Healthcare (KND) Tender for Gentiva (GTIV) Expires
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!