EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Thoma Bravo to Acquire Compuware (CPWR) in $2.5B Deal
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Omnitracs to Acquire XRS (XRSC) for $5.60/Share
- Tyler Technologies (TYL) Acquires SoftCode; No Terms
- Baker Hughes (BHI), Weatherford (WFT) Close Pipeline, Specialty Services Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!