EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Allergan (AGN), Valeant (VRX), Pershing Square Enter Litigation Settlement; Special Meeting Date Set
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 9/16: (SINO) (SCOK) (VIMC) Higher; (VHC) (AT) (COOL) Lower
- Hertz Global (HTZ), Icahn Reach Agreement Over Director Appointments
- Washington Prime (WPG) to Acquire Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT) for $14.20/Share
- Apple's (AAPL) New iPhone 6/6+ May Not Hit China Until Early 2015
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: America Movil (AMX) Said to Solicit AT&T's (T) Interest in Mexico Assets
- UPDATE: Hewlett-Packard (HPQ) May Sell Snapfish - Reuters
- Majesco Entertainment (COOL) Posts Q3 Loss of 58c/Share; Retains Advisor to Explore Options
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!