EU Plans to Block Ryanair (RYAAY) Takeover of Aer Lingus, Co. Says Will Appeal
- Wall Street cuts some Brexit losses as jitters ease
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 6/29: (TSRO) (DRII) (CYRX) Higher; (GALE) (LPCN) (ESPR) Lower
- CIBC (CM) to Acquire PrivateBancorp (PVTB) in ~$3.8B Deal
- Brookfield Asset Management Files 13D Showing 12% Stake in TerraForm Power (TERP)
- Energy Transfer Equity (ETE) Terminates Williams (WMB) Merger
EU regulators plan to block Ryanair's (Nasdaq: RYAAY) attempt to take over Irish rival Aer Lingus, Ryanair said in a statement on Tuesday. The airline said the move came despite the fact that it had met every competition concern raised in the EU's statement of objections and during the review process. Ryanair plans to appeal the decision.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Monsanto (MON) Said to Demand Up to $7B More from Bayer - Handelsblatt
- Espial to Acquire Arris' (ARRS) WHS Platform
- Ecolab (ECL) Makes Binding Offer to Acquire Laboratoires Anios
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!