Dish (DISH) Says Clearwire (CLWR) Acquisition 'Best Option'
- Top 10 News for 8/18 - 8/22: Apple Back to Record Highs; Ballmer Bids Microsoft 'Adieu'; Dollar Store M&A Saga Continues
- Yellen Jackson Hole Speech: Labor Market Dynamics and Monetary Policy
- It's About Time Apple (AAPL) Price Targets Started Moving Higher
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
Dish (Nasdaq: DISH) CEO Charles Ergen today reiterated the company's plan to acquire Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq: CLWR). This is being described as Ergen's best plan, and he will potentially seek to partner with Sprint (NYSE: S). Ergen said the company has alternative plans but implicitly stated he would sell spectrum before going down a potentially unprofitable path.
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeuStar (NSR) Working with JP Morgan on Possible Sale - Reuters
- DISH CFO Robert Olson to Retire from DISH Oct. 15
- UPDATE: Hellman & Friedman Said to Approach Shutterfly (SFLY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!