Dish (DISH) Says Clearwire (CLWR) Acquisition 'Best Option'
- Wall Street indexes flat in pre-holiday lull; health, consumer up
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders Outpace in Oct.; Deere Issues Cautious Outlook; Valeant Combats Short Sellers
- UPDATE: HP, Inc. (HPQ) Misses Q4 EPS by 3c; Issues Q1, FY16 EPS Guidance
- Obama says U.S. is safe as millions set off on Thanksgiving travel
- Deere & Co. (DE) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Sees FY16 Sales Down ~7%
Dish (Nasdaq: DISH) CEO Charles Ergen today reiterated the company's plan to acquire Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq: CLWR). This is being described as Ergen's best plan, and he will potentially seek to partner with Sprint (NYSE: S). Ergen said the company has alternative plans but implicitly stated he would sell spectrum before going down a potentially unprofitable path.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NXP Semi (NXPI) Will Sell RF Power Amplifier Assets to Settle FTC Complaint in Freescale (FSL) Deal
- Apache Corp. (APA) Active Amid Chatter
- Energy Fuels (UUUU) to Sell Non-Core Uranium Assets to enCore Energy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!