Dish (DISH) Says Clearwire (CLWR) Acquisition 'Best Option'
- Alcoa (AA) Misses Q3 EPS by 7c
- Market Wrap: Inflation Tops Fed's Rate Concerns; Alcoa Offers Q3 Kickoff Dud; Jobless Claims at 42-Year Low
- Fed Officials Said 'Prudent' to Wait for Clarity on Outlook
- Republicans in chaos as favorite quits House leadership race
- After Hours Stocks Movers 10/08: (HELE) (ASNA) Higher; (LDRH) (RT) (GPS) (more...)
Dish (Nasdaq: DISH) CEO Charles Ergen today reiterated the company's plan to acquire Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq: CLWR). This is being described as Ergen's best plan, and he will potentially seek to partner with Sprint (NYSE: S). Ergen said the company has alternative plans but implicitly stated he would sell spectrum before going down a potentially unprofitable path.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Starts Dish Network (DISH) at Buy
- Towers Watson (TW) Shareholders Said Considering Vote Against Willis Group (WSH) Deal
- EMC (EMC) in Talks with Dell on Merger Deal - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!