Dish (DISH) Says Clearwire (CLWR) Acquisition 'Best Option'
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c, Sales Light
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/22: (PBYI) (TLM) (ISRG) Higher; (XOOM) (XLNX) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Posts Q4 EPS of 55c; Revs Top Expectations
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Issues Light Q3 Outlook
Dish (Nasdaq: DISH) CEO Charles Ergen today reiterated the company's plan to acquire Clearwire Corporation (Nasdaq: CLWR). This is being described as Ergen's best plan, and he will potentially seek to partner with Sprint (NYSE: S). Ergen said the company has alternative plans but implicitly stated he would sell spectrum before going down a potentially unprofitable path.
You May Also Be Interested In
- DIRECTV and DISH Support Passage of STELA Reauthorization by U.S. House of Representatives
- PetSmart (PETM) Hired Bankers to Explore Leveraged Buyback, P/E Deal - Reuters
- UPDATE: Gentiva Health's (GTIV) Board Unanimously Rejects Kindred's (KND) $16/Share Offer; Will Review Alternative $17.25/Share Offer