Dice Holdings (DHX) Acquires Online Media Business of Geeknet (GKNT) in $20M Deal
- Market Wrap: GM's New Paradigm-Shifting CEO; Volcker Rule Passes Muster
- MasterCard (MA) Approves $3.5B Buyback; Announces 10-for-1 Split, 83% Dividend Increase
- After Hours Stock Movers 12/10: (SNI) (SWHC) (MA) Higher; (AVNR) (LH) (BBRY) Lower (more...)
- Stocks Buckle at the Knees on Growing Fear of a December Taper
- These 7 High Priced Stocks Should Follow MasterCard (MA) and Split Their Stocks Too...
Dice Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: DHX) and Geeknet, Inc. (Nasdaq: GKNT) announced that Dice Holdings has acquired Geeknet's online media business, including Slashdot and SourceForge.
The sites include:
The sites include:
- Slashdot, a user-generated news, analysis, peer question and professional insight community. Tech professionals moderate the site which averages more than 5,300 comments daily and 3.7 million unique visitors each month.
- SourceForge, a destination for technology professionals and enthusiasts to develop, download, review and publish open source software, much of which they use in their own organizations. Approximately 80 percent of its roughly 40 million monthly unique visitors are outside the U.S.
- Freecode, one of the largest indexes of Linux, Unix and cross-platform software, as well as mobile applications generates nearly 500,000 unique visitors each month.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Discovery (DISCA) May Bid on Scripps Networks Interactive (SNI) - Variety
- Treasury's GM (GM) Stake Sale Could Happen This Week - DJN
- SAC may sell reinsurance unit for $500 million to $1B - WSJ
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!