BB&T Corp. (BBT) Gets Final Approvals in Acquisition of BankAtlantic (BBX) Unit
- Top 10 News for 12/02 - 12/06: Facebook Snubbed Again; Bitcoin Mania!; New Deal for Apple?
- U.S. Adds Jobs at Higher Clip in November, Unemployment Rate Falls to 7%
- Bitcoin Crashes 21%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/06: (MBLX) (VIFL) (BLDP) Higher; (RALY) (ULTA) (SEAC) Lower
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Files to Spin-Off Lands' End Unit
BB&T Corporation (NYSE: BBT) reports that its application to acquire BankAtlantic, the wholly-owned subsidiary of BankAtlantic Bancorp (NYSE: BBX), was approved by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). The North Carolina Office of the Commissioner of Banks also has approved the acquisition. BB&T will complete the acquisition of BankAtlantic today. BankAtlantic branches will be rebranded as BB&T in the fourth quarter.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Comcast (CMCSA) Looks to JPMorgan to Advise on Possible Time Warner Cable (TWC) Bid- Reuters
- Mulally Not Leaving Ford (F) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Vodafone (VOD), Verizon (VZ) Get Approval from FCC to Close Wireless Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBB&T Capital Markets, FDIC
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!