Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Stock Futures Higher as Scotland Votes Down Independence, Alibaba's (BABA) IPO Prices
- Twas the Night Before Alibaba (BABA)
- Telefónica S.A. (TEF), Vivendi (VIVHY) Agree to $9.3B Deal for Global Village Telecom
- Total S.A. (TOT) Receives $2.25B Bid for Bostik from France-Based Arkema
- Oracle (ORCL) CEO Ellison Steps Down; Will Remain as Chairman
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Population and Wealth of U.S. High Net Worth Individuals Reaches Record Levels as Wealth Creation Expands Beyond East and West Coasts
- Vitamin Shoppe (VSI): Activist Investor Seeks Sale - Reuters
- LINN Energy (LINE) Announces Permian Basin Transaction with Exxon Mobil (XOM)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!