Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Top 10 News for 03/03 - 03/07: Russia/Ukraine Tension Shakes Markets; Safeway Gets Official Bid; Bitcoin Founder 'Found'
- Icahn Plans to Use Facebook, Along with Twititer and Website to Communicate
- Nonfarm Payrolls Rose 175K in Feb., Led by Gains in Trade, Services
- Coupons.com (COUP) IPO Surges Higher
- Tesla (TSLA) Cuts Model S Price in Europe
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Imminent T-Mobile (TMUS) Sale Unlikely - Deutsche Telekom CEO (S)
- Stage Stores (SSI) to Unload Steele’s Division
- Vodafone Group (VOD) Boosts Offer for Spain's Ono - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!