Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c, Sales Light
- After-Hours Stock Movers 7/22: (PBYI) (TLM) (ISRG) Higher; (XOOM) (XLNX) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
- Market Wrap: CPI Gains 0.3% in June; Another Ack-Attack on Herbalife; Apple Bruised on Q2 Phone Sales
- Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) Posts Q4 EPS of 55c; Revs Top Expectations
- Juniper Networks, Inc. (JNPR) Tops Q2 EPS by 2c, Issues Light Q3 Outlook
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL) to Purchase Ignite USA for $308 million
- New Media Investment (NEWM) Buys Providence Journal for $46M (AHC)
- AbbVie (ABBV) to Acquire Shire (SHPG) for ~$54B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!