Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/2 (CNQR) (TTPH) (FLEX) Higher; (END) (HELE) (CDW) Lower (more...)
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: P G & E Corp. (PCG) Gains; Fined $1.4B by CPUC
- RSP Permian (RSPP) Closes $257M Glasscock County Acquisitions
- MoneyGram (MGI) Announces Acquisition of U.K.-Based MTI Money Transfer Ltd.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!