Ally Financial Completes $4.1B Asset Sale to RBC (RY)
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
Ally Financial Inc. (Ally) today announced that the sale of its Canadian auto finance operation, Ally Credit Canada Limited, and ResMor Trust to Royal Bank of Canada (NYSE: RY) has been completed. Ally received $4.1 billion USD for the business in the form of a $3.7 billion payment at closing and $400 million of dividends paid following the announcement of the transaction. Total proceeds represent a premium to book value of approximately $620 million.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Repsol Drops Plans to Buy all of Talisman Energy (TLM) - Bloomberg
- Deutsche Telekom AG (DTEGY) Opens Talks on T-Mobile (TMUS) at $35/Share
- Criteo (CRTO) Declines to Comment on Rumors, Plans to Present at Conf. - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!