Alcoa (AA) Shares on Watch as Peer Aleris Enters Takeover Agreement
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Alcoa (NYSE: AA) shares are on watch early Monday following news that aluminum peer Aleris is getting bought.
According to an earlier press release, Aleris entered into a definitive agreement to be acquired by Zhongwang USA LLC. The aggregate value of Aleris amounts to $2.33 billion, comprising $1.11 billion in cash for the equity to be paid by Zhongwang USA, plus $1.22 billion in net debt.
Shares of Alcoa are flat in early trading.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly (LLY) to Acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals (CLCD) for $960M
- Volatility and Volume movement
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!