Markets React as FBI Clears Clinton
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Markets around the world are reacting Sunday to news that FBI Director James Comey said a review of new emails did not change the agency's conclusion reached in July that that no charges against Hillary Clinton were warranted.
Specifically, the dollar is rallying overseas and the Mexican Peso is up. U.S. stocks will likely react positively to the news Monday as Mrs. Clinton is seen as less of a market uncertainty than Mr. Trump.
U.S. stocks have closed down nine days in a row as of Friday, in part as Mr. Trump was gaining in the polls.
In a letter to Congress, Comey said:
Dear Messrs. Chairmen:
I write to supplement my October 28, 2016 letter that notified you the FBI would be taking additional investigative steps with respect to former Secretary of State Clinton's use of a personal email server. Since my letter, the FBI investigative team has been working around the clock to process and review a large volume of emails from a device obtained in connection with an unrelated criminal investigation. During that process, we reviewed all of the communications that were to or from Hillary Clinton while she was Secretary of State.
Based on our review, we have not changed our conclusion that we expressed in July with respect to Secretary Clinton.
I am very grateful to the professional at the FBI for doing an extraordinary amount of high-quality work in a short period of time.
James B. Comey
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Durable Goods (Oct. F) 4.6% vs 3.4% Expected; Ex-Trans 0.8% vs 0.5%
- A.M. Castle & Co. (CAS) Shares Will Begin Trading OTC Under Ticker 'CASL'
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesMarket Check, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!