Wal-mart (WMT) Declines to Comment on 'Speculation' of Sam's Club Spin-Off
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) declined to comment on market chatter that suggested it hired advisors to explore a potential spin-off of Sam's Club. Volume in Wal-mart and related call options picked up earlier after rumors about the potential transaction surfaced.
We don't comment on rumors and speculation, said a company spokesperson in response to an inquiry.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Sears Holdings posts loss for fifth straight quarter
- ConAgra Brands (CAG) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; Adds New Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!