Wal-mart (WMT) Declines to Comment on 'Speculation' of Sam's Club Spin-Off
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Wal-mart (NYSE: WMT) declined to comment on market chatter that suggested it hired advisors to explore a potential spin-off of Sam's Club. Volume in Wal-mart and related call options picked up earlier after rumors about the potential transaction surfaced.
We don't comment on rumors and speculation, said a company spokesperson in response to an inquiry.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Walmart and the Walmart Foundation Announce $250,000 towards Relief and Recovery Efforts in Tennessee Wildfires
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Announces Abemaciclib neoMONARCH Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint
- Invivo Therapeutics (NVIV) CFO McAllister Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Rumors
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!