UPDATE: Avis Budget (CAR) Shares Pressured; Disappointed European Peak Demand for August (HTZ)
- Earnings lift S&P to two-week high; M&A supports
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/24: (UNIS) (MBVT) (ACCO) Higher; (TDW) (INO) (BCC) Lower
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 27, 2016 11:55 AM EDT)
UPDATE - Avis Budget CFO David B. Wyshner is presenting at today's Deutsche Bank conference and was said to make cautious comments.
In part, Wyshner said:
- Peak demand in August for Europe was disappointing.
- Inbound demand was soft all along the Mediterranean, which negatively impacted pricing in France, Italy, and Spain.
- Summer travel season in the U.S. "was pretty good"
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs Starts Hertz Global (HTZ) at 'Sell' and Avis Budget (CAR) at 'Neutral'
- Community Bank System (CBU) to Acquire Merchants Bancshares (MBVT) in ~$304M Deal
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!