Kroger (KR) and Whole Foods (WFM) Decline to Comment on 'Speculation'
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/25: (SAEX) (CWEI) (SWFT) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (UA) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
"We don't comment on rumor or speculation," said Kroger via email.
A spokesperson for Whole Foods also declined to discuss the rumor, stating "It’s company policy that we don’t offer comment on speculation."
Shares of Whole Foods Market surged 3.5% on Thursday morning as unconfirmed chatter about a potential Kroger bid circulated on twitter and in chat rooms. Gains came amid unusual activity in Oct. 7 and Oct. 14 28.50 call options. Intraday volume in Oct 7 calls was over 5.5 thousand contracts and Oct. 14 volume was over 3 thousand contracts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBM (IBM) volatility low, board approves quarterly dividend, authorizes $3B for stock repurchase
- Apple (AAPL) October weekly 117.5 straddle priced for movement of 4.4% into Q4
- ROptions with increasing volume: TER MEMP MAS USG RMBS ETN MOMO MAS RMBS
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Options, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!