Kroger (KR) and Whole Foods (WFM) Decline to Comment on 'Speculation'
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
"We don't comment on rumor or speculation," said Kroger via email.
A spokesperson for Whole Foods also declined to discuss the rumor, stating "It’s company policy that we don’t offer comment on speculation."
Shares of Whole Foods Market surged 3.5% on Thursday morning as unconfirmed chatter about a potential Kroger bid circulated on twitter and in chat rooms. Gains came amid unusual activity in Oct. 7 and Oct. 14 28.50 call options. Intraday volume in Oct 7 calls was over 5.5 thousand contracts and Oct. 14 volume was over 3 thousand contracts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Kroger (KR) Balks at Buying Stores from Walgreens (WBA)/Rite Aid (RAD) Deal - Reuters
- Acadia Pharma (ACAD) October calls expiring today active
- Rambus (RMBS) volatility increases into Q3 and outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Options, Rumors, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!