Henry Schein (HSIC) Bolsters Stock Buyback Plan by $400M
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Henry Schein, Inc. (Nasdaq: HSIC) announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the repurchase of up to $400 million of shares of the Company's common stock. This program is in addition to the $400 million repurchase program announced in December 2015, which as of today has approximately $29 million remaining authorized for future repurchases.
The Company had approximately 82 million shares outstanding as of July 27, 2016, and this new authorization represents approximately 3.0 percent of shares outstanding at the current stock price. Purchases may be made from time to time in the open market, or through negotiated transactions.
"Henry Schein's share repurchase program demonstrates our long-term commitment to create further value for our shareholders, and reflects our confidence in the long-term prospects of our business," said Stanley M. Bergman, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Henry Schein. "We are pleased that Henry Schein's strong balance sheet provides us with the financial flexibility to return capital to our shareholders, as we continue to pursue new markets and geographies while strengthening and broadening our health care product and service offerings."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
- IES Holdings Reports Fiscal 2016 Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results
- Steelcase (SCS) Reports Below Consensus Prelim. Q3 Revenue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesTwitter, Stock Buyback, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!