GoDaddy Acquires Email Marketing Provider, Mad Mimi
- Top 10 News for 5/26 - 5/29: Charter, Time Warner Cable Formally Enter Deal; Revised Q1 GDP Tops Tempered Expectations
- Humana (HUM) Said to Consider Sale Amid Receipt of Takeover Interest
- U.S. GDP Fell 0.7% in Q1 Amid Weaker Goods Exports, Business Investment - 2nd Est.
- Equinix (EQIX) to Acquire TelecityGroup in $3.6B Deal
- Merck (MRK) Issues Positive Update on KEYTRUDA Phase 2 in Colorectal Cancer, Other Solid Tumors
GoDaddy announced it has acquired Mad Mimi, which helps small businesses connect with customers through simple, beautiful and effective email marketing. Mad Mimi’s easy-to-use applications, empathetic and knowledgeable customer care, and robust technology platform made the company a perfect fit for GoDaddy and its expanded offerings to small businesses. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.
While email marketing is an effective way to engage with customers, less than one-third of small businesses are using email marketing applications to communicate with and engage customers and prospects. Mad Mimi’s stylish and simple email marketing product helps users easily create, send, share and track elegant and customized email newsletters. With the combination of GoDaddy and Mad Mimi, GoDaddy customers can easily collect customer information and add fresh content on their website, improving customer engagement and search engine optimization.
The Mad Mimi service will continue to be available as a standalone application. GoDaddy and Mad Mimi intend to build a next generation product utilizing the Mad Mimi platform, with availability scheduled for 2015.
“Email marketing is critical. It helps small businesses connect to customers in a low-cost and easy to use way, effectively tapping into existing customer relationships, making the business of business easier,” said Steven Aldrich, senior vice president of Business Applications, GoDaddy. “Mad Mimi’s email marketing application is a great solution to provide to our growing base of customers who will benefit from Mad Mimi’s high quality product and overall positive customer experience.”
“We built Mad Mimi with a vision to delight our customers and GoDaddy’s vision to champion small businesses matches Mad Mimi’s,” said Gary Levitt, founder and CEO, Mad Mimi. “Together with GoDaddy, we're incredibly excited to put simple and lovely email marketing in front of a whole new audience and help that audience discover the beauty and efficiency of marketing this way to customers.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Steris (STE), Synergy Will Contest FTC's Attempt to Block Merger
- Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) Appoints New CFO
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN) Announces Presentation of Significant myChoice HRD Test Data at ASCO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!