Gevo (GEVO) Announces Commencement of Isobutanol-Blended Fuel Sales in Houston Area
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gevo, Inc. (Nasdaq: GEVO) announced that gasoline blended with its isobutanol and marketed for use in automobiles has begun to be sold in the Houston area. This marks the first time that Gevo’s isobutanol has been specifically targeted towards on-road vehicles. Previously, Gevo and its partners have focused on specialty markets such as marinas and off-road engines.
Musket Corporation is Gevo’s distribution partner serving the Houston market. Musket is blending up specially formulated gasoline containing Gevo’s isobutanol to distribute into the on-road automobile market. Buc-ee’s, a 37-store regional chain of rest stops in Texas, is the first company to sell the blend, marketed as a high-performance ethanol-free gasoline.
The 12.5% blend of isobutanol and gasoline is attractive to customers who are looking for a high-performance alternative to ethanol-blended gasoline. The on-road gasoline market represents a much larger market opportunity for isobutanol than specialty segments. Selling into the on-road market also counterbalances the seasonal nature of some of the specialty markets like marinas.
To learn more about the benefits of isobutanol-blended gasoline visit Gevo’s website: http://www.gevo.com/our-markets/
This announcement expands on the previously publicized partnership between Gevo and Musket. In June, Gevo announced it had entered into an agreement with Musket to supply isobutanol for blending with gasoline. Musket is a national fuel distributor under the umbrella of the Love’s Family of Companies and specializes in commodity supply, trading and logistics across North America. Under the partnership, the initial target markets were Musket’s marine and off-road customers in Arizona, Nevada, and Utah.
“Isobutanol-blended fuel is a new paradigm for biofuels because it combines high performance and sustainability. We’ve established this in the aviation and boating markets and are now bringing it to on-road transportation. It’s important for us to be working with established brands like Musket and Buc-ee’s to deliver a new high performance gasoline to end customers, and we look forward to seeing this business grow,” said Dr. Patrick Gruber, Chief Executive Officer of Gevo.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Chevron (CVX) Says Canadian Court Rejects Attempt to Enforce Fraudulent Ecuadorian Judgment
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Elects Steven Davis to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!