Elon Musk Says Cause of Loss of SpaceX Falcon Still Unknown
- Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Elon Musk said on Twitter that the cause the SpaceX Falcon vehicle explosion today is still unknown. The incident occurred at Cape Canaveral during an operation to fill propellant, and appears to have originated around the upper stage oxygen tank, said the company's CEO.
Earlier reports noted that the explosion likely destroyed the Amos-6 satellite built by Israel Aerospace Industries. Facebook planned to use the satellite to improve internet access in Africa.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
- CAE, Inc. (CAE) Signs C$250M in Commercial and Business Aviation Training Solution Contracts
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!