Elon Musk Says Cause of Loss of SpaceX Falcon Still Unknown
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Elon Musk said on Twitter that the cause the SpaceX Falcon vehicle explosion today is still unknown. The incident occurred at Cape Canaveral during an operation to fill propellant, and appears to have originated around the upper stage oxygen tank, said the company's CEO.
Earlier reports noted that the explosion likely destroyed the Amos-6 satellite built by Israel Aerospace Industries. Facebook planned to use the satellite to improve internet access in Africa.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) November weekly 140 calls active into Q3 and outlook
- JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Shares Jump with Conference Call Underway
- GrubHub (GRUB), Yelp (YELP) Shares Pressured as Facebook (FB) Debuts New 'Order Food' Feature
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!