Elon Musk Says Cause of Loss of SpaceX Falcon Still Unknown
- Health, tech stocks extend Wall Street record-setting rally
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
- Exclusive: Japan's TDK in talks to buy iPhone supplier InvenSense - sources
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Elon Musk said on Twitter that the cause the SpaceX Falcon vehicle explosion today is still unknown. The incident occurred at Cape Canaveral during an operation to fill propellant, and appears to have originated around the upper stage oxygen tank, said the company's CEO.
Earlier reports noted that the explosion likely destroyed the Amos-6 satellite built by Israel Aerospace Industries. Facebook planned to use the satellite to improve internet access in Africa.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; FLR FB
- Volatility and Volume movement
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!