Elon Musk Says Cause of Loss of SpaceX Falcon Still Unknown
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Elon Musk said on Twitter that the cause the SpaceX Falcon vehicle explosion today is still unknown. The incident occurred at Cape Canaveral during an operation to fill propellant, and appears to have originated around the upper stage oxygen tank, said the company's CEO.
Earlier reports noted that the explosion likely destroyed the Amos-6 satellite built by Israel Aerospace Industries. Facebook planned to use the satellite to improve internet access in Africa.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook (FB) November weekly calls active into Q3 and outlook
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Announces FDA Approval, U.S. Launch of Medical Device to Reduce Risk of Recurrent Ischemic Stroke in Patients with PFO
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!