Amazon (AMZN) CEO Bezos Congratulates Trump with Shares Under Pressure
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) CEO Jeff Bezos took to twitter to congratulate President-elected Donald Trump. The two have a tumultuous relationship, which was on full display during the election. Bezos also runs the Washington Post which has been very critical of Trump.
Notably, shares of Amazon have fallen sharply during the two trading sessions since Trump was elected. On the trail, Trump said Amazon has "huge anti-trust issues."
Bezos and Amazon shareholders don't want to see that come to fruition.
Today shares are down 4.1%. Yesterday they fell 2%.
Congratulations to @realDonaldTrump. I for one give him my most open mind and wish him great success in his service to the country.— Jeff Bezos (@JeffBezos) November 10, 2016
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ladder Capital (LADR) to Explore Sale - Reuters
- Amazon's (AMZN) AWS Debuts New Greengrass Platform
- Trump moves to quickly fill his top Cabinet ranks