Adecoagro S.A. (AGRO) Approves Extension of 5% Stock Buyback Program
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
ADECOAGRO S.A. (NYSE: AGRO) announced that on August 9, 2016, its Board of Directors approved the extension of the Company's share repurchase program for and additional twelve-month period, ending on September 23, 2017. Under the buyback program, the Company can continue acquiring common shares up to 5% of its outstanding shares.
Repurchases of shares under the program are made from time to time in open market transactions in compliance with the trading conditions of Rule 10b-18 under the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and applicable rules and regulations. The share repurchase program does not require Adecoagro to acquire any specific number or amount of shares and may be modified, suspended, reinstated or terminated at any time in the Company's discretion and without prior notice. The size and the timing of repurchases depend upon market conditions, applicable legal requirements and other factors. Since the commencement of the buyback program in September 2013, the Company has acquired approximately 2.4 million shares.
"The extension of the repurchase program reflects the Board of Directors' and Management's commitment towards delivering long term shareholder value. Repurchasing our shares is one of many capital allocations tools we can use to enhance returns for our shareholders" — said Mariano Bosch, Chief Executive Officer of Adecoagro.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Oasmia Pharma (OASM) Says It's in Discussions on Acquisition of Novel Cancer Project
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Comments, Stock Buybacks
Related EntitiesStock Buyback, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!