Yum! Brands (YUM) Names New Board Member
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM) announced the appointment of Paget Alves to its Board of Directors, effective November 17, 2016. With Mr. Alves’s appointment, the Yum! Brands Board will consist of 12 directors, 11 of whom will be independent.
“Paget’s extensive executive management and leadership experience, as well as his background in sales, make him a strong addition to the Yum! Brands Board,” said Robert Walter, Non-Executive Chairman of Yum! Brands. “We are thrilled to have Paget join us at this exciting time for the Company, and look forward to benefitting from the insight and expertise he will bring.”
Greg Creed, Chief Executive Officer of Yum! Brands said, “We are excited to appoint a director as qualified and talented as Paget who will bring fresh perspectives to the Board as Yum! Brands begins its next chapter and moves forward following the separation of the China business. I look forward to working with him as we execute on our strategic plans to drive growth across all of our brands and deliver value for our shareholders.”
Mr. Alves, 62, serves on the Boards of Directors of International Game Technology PLC, Ariel Investments LLC and Synchrony Financial. He previously served on the Boards of Directors of GTECH Holdings Corporation and Herman Miller, Inc. He served as Chief Sales Officer of Sprint Corporation, from January 2012 to September 2013, after serving as President of the Business Markets Group since 2009. Prior to that, he held various other positions at Sprint. Before joining Sprint in 2003, he served as President and Chief Executive Officer of PointOne Telecommunications Inc., and President and Chief Operating Officer of Centennial Communications. Mr. Alves earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial and Labor Relations and a Juris Doctor degree from Cornell University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Rafael Lizardi as Next CFO; Current CFO, Kevin March, to Retire
- CIT Group (CIT) Director Mnuchin Resigns
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!