Wynn Resorts Ltd (WYNN) Adds Former Chief of Naval Operations Johnson as Director
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Wynn Resorts, Limited (Nasdaq: WYNN) announced the appointment of Jay L. Johnson to its Board of Directors, effective August 22, 2016. Admiral Johnson has been appointed as a Class II member of the Board (with a term expiring at the 2019 Annual Meeting). With the addition of Admiral Johnson, the Board increased its size from nine to ten members. Admiral Johnson will also serve on the Board’s Compensation Committee.
Admiral Johnson had a distinguished career in the U.S. Navy, retiring in July 2000, after serving as Chief of Naval Operations and a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff from 1996 until his retirement. Following his distinguished 32-year military career, Admiral Johnson served in various senior executive roles at Dominion Resources Inc., a publicly traded energy company, including as chief executive officer of Dominion Virginia Power. Admiral Johnson also served as chairman and chief executive officer of General Dynamics Corporation, a publicly traded manufacturer and market leader that employs more than 91,000 people worldwide in the areas of global defense, aerospace and other technology products. Admiral Johnson is currently a director of International Paper Company, the USAA, the U.S. Naval Academy Foundation and the Peregrine Fund.
Admiral Johnson was appointed to the Board of Directors of Wynn on the same day as the debut of the Company’s $4.2 billion resort, Wynn Palace, in Cotai, Macau in the People’s Republic of China. After six years of development, the spectacular new destination resort represents the culmination of Steve Wynn’s more than 45 years of experience. The new resort, which opened on August 22, 2016 to fanfare and acclaim, launches a new era in Macau’s evolution into a world center of tourism and leisure. The new resort features 1,706 exquisitely furnished rooms, suites and villas, opulent floral displays of real flowers, an extensive collection of rare art on public display, a spa, meetings facilities, renowned retailers and a collection of gourmet dining restaurants.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Rafael Lizardi as Next CFO; Current CFO, Kevin March, to Retire
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!