Westport (WPRT) Names New Board Member
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: WPRT) announced that Scott R. Mackie, President of Qualitor Inc.'s International Brakes Industries division—a leading diversified supplier of safety and wear parts for the automotive aftermarket—has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Westport Fuel Systems. In connection with this appointment, Dr. Dezso J. Horvath, one of Westport Fuel Systems' current directors, will step down from the Board. Mr. Mackie's appointment and Dr. Horvath's resignation are effective from today, September 26, 2016.
"Scott joins us at an important time in the evolution of our company and his depth of experience in the automotive sector will provide additional strength to our Board," said Dr. Warren Baker, Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Mackie joined Qualitor in April 2016 and most recently served as vice president of business development and mergers and acquisitions for Navistar Inc. Prior to that, he was president and CEO of Weld Racing, a global leader in forged aluminum racing and street performance wheels. In addition, during a 30-year career with General Motors he held several senior executive leadership roles in North America and Europe including six years as general manager of ACDelco's global operations. He holds a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from General Motors Institute (Kettering) and a Master of Business Administration from The University of Chicago.
"On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Deszo for his energy, commitment and contributions to Westport Fuel Systems over the past 15 years," said Dr. Baker. "With his proven expertise, global recognition in strategy development, and his leadership of the Human Resources and Compensation Committee, he has made great contributions to the company's success and growth. We wish him well in his future endeavors."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Chevron (CVX) Says Canadian Court Rejects Attempt to Enforce Fraudulent Ecuadorian Judgment
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!