Westport (WPRT) Names New Board Member
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Westport Fuel Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: WPRT) announced that Scott R. Mackie, President of Qualitor Inc.'s International Brakes Industries division—a leading diversified supplier of safety and wear parts for the automotive aftermarket—has been appointed to the Board of Directors of Westport Fuel Systems. In connection with this appointment, Dr. Dezso J. Horvath, one of Westport Fuel Systems' current directors, will step down from the Board. Mr. Mackie's appointment and Dr. Horvath's resignation are effective from today, September 26, 2016.
"Scott joins us at an important time in the evolution of our company and his depth of experience in the automotive sector will provide additional strength to our Board," said Dr. Warren Baker, Chairman of the Board.
Mr. Mackie joined Qualitor in April 2016 and most recently served as vice president of business development and mergers and acquisitions for Navistar Inc. Prior to that, he was president and CEO of Weld Racing, a global leader in forged aluminum racing and street performance wheels. In addition, during a 30-year career with General Motors he held several senior executive leadership roles in North America and Europe including six years as general manager of ACDelco's global operations. He holds a Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering from General Motors Institute (Kettering) and a Master of Business Administration from The University of Chicago.
"On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Deszo for his energy, commitment and contributions to Westport Fuel Systems over the past 15 years," said Dr. Baker. "With his proven expertise, global recognition in strategy development, and his leadership of the Human Resources and Compensation Committee, he has made great contributions to the company's success and growth. We wish him well in his future endeavors."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- Merck (MRK) Lists Cancer Genetics (CGIX) as KEYTRUDA National Reference Laboratory
- GlycoMimetics (GLYC) Announces Positive Update on GMI-1271 Phase 1/2 in AML; All Response Patients Seen with CR Rates
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!