Webster Financial (WBS) Adds New Board Member
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Webster Financial Corporation (NYSE: WBS) announced that Lauren C. States has been appointed to its and Webster Bank's boards of directors effective September 19, 2016.
Ms. States, 60, is an Executive-in-Residence at Northeastern University's D'Amore-McKim School of Business. During a 36-year career at IBM, she held a variety of executive positions, the most recent being Vice President of Strategy and Transformation for IBM's Software Group. Prior to that, Ms. States was Chief Technology Officer for IBM Corporate Strategy. She was recently elected to the board of Clean Harbors, Inc., is a member of the Executive Leadership Council, and is on the Board of Trustees for International House, New York. Ms. States holds a bachelor's of science in Economics from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and completed a Fellowship with Harvard University's Advanced Leadership Initiative in 2015.
James C. Smith, Webster's chairman and CEO, said, "Lauren brings deep, relevant knowledge and experience to Webster's board from her distinguished career at IBM and other endeavors. Her insights and perspective will be valuable assets to the board's deliberations."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- MetLife (MET) Adds Former AIG CFO Herzog as Director
- DAVIDsTEA Inc. (DTEA) CEO Toutant to Resign
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!