VMware (VMW) Reports EMC (EMC) VP Gelsinger to Assume CEO Role
- Wall St. recovers after Fed keeps rates unchanged
- FOMC Maintains Rates (Full Statement)
- FTC: Teva (TEVA) Agrees to Divest 79 Pharma Products to Settle Actavis (AGN) Generics Merger Issues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/27: (MDGS) (UIS) (PMD) Higher; (AKAM) (CCCL) (KN) Lower
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Issues Solid Outlook
VMware (NYSE: VMW) announced that Paul Maritz will be succeeded in the post as Chief Executive Officer of VMware, effective September 1, 2012, by Pat Gelsinger, currently president and chief operating officer, EMC (NYSE: EMC) Information Infrastructure Products. Maritz will remain a board member of VMware and will take on a new technology strategist role at EMC. Gelsinger will also be named to VMware's Board of Directors, effective September 1, 2012.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Connect 2016: Leading Event in Enterprise Mobility Returns to Atlanta and Barcelona
- Biocept (BIOC) Names New CFO, Ops SVP
- Noodles & Company (NDLS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!