VMware (VMW) Reports EMC (EMC) VP Gelsinger to Assume CEO Role
- CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in the U.S. (TKMR)
- ADP Employment Change 213K vs 205K Expected
- Vivint Solar (VSLR) IPO Opens Modestly Higher
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/01: (TKMR) (HEB) (ANGI) Higher; (FNMA) (FMCC) (WPRT) Lower (more...)
- Sandell Sends Letter to JDS Uniphase (JDSU) Board; Calls for Spin of CCOP Unit
VMware (NYSE: VMW) announced that Paul Maritz will be succeeded in the post as Chief Executive Officer of VMware, effective September 1, 2012, by Pat Gelsinger, currently president and chief operating officer, EMC (NYSE: EMC) Information Infrastructure Products. Maritz will remain a board member of VMware and will take on a new technology strategist role at EMC. Gelsinger will also be named to VMware's Board of Directors, effective September 1, 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- VMware Announces VMware Workstation 11 and VMware Player 7 Pro
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Names Former Mobile 365 CEO, Chairman as Director
- Kodak (KODK) Appoints New Chief Marketing Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!