VMware (VMW) Reports EMC (EMC) VP Gelsinger to Assume CEO Role
- Personal Consumption, Private Investment Boost Revised Q2 GDP Results (SPY) (DIA) (QQQ)
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 8/28: (CREG) (DGLY) (TKMR) Higher; (GOMO) (WSM) (GCO) Lower (more...)
- Dollar General (DG) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Remains Committed to Family Dollar (FDO) Deal
- Abercrombie & Fitch Co. (ANF) Tops Q2 EPS by 8c; Comps Fell 7%
- AIG's (AIG) Benmosche Says He Has 9 Months to a Year to Live
VMware (NYSE: VMW) announced that Paul Maritz will be succeeded in the post as Chief Executive Officer of VMware, effective September 1, 2012, by Pat Gelsinger, currently president and chief operating officer, EMC (NYSE: EMC) Information Infrastructure Products. Maritz will remain a board member of VMware and will take on a new technology strategist role at EMC. Gelsinger will also be named to VMware's Board of Directors, effective September 1, 2012.
You May Also Be Interested In
- VMware Announces 2014 VMware Innovation Awards Winners
- Forward Industries (FORD) Terminates CFO James McKenna
- VMware's (VMW) Analyst Day Gives Mixed View, But Oppenheimer Remains Bullish
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!