Universal American (UAM) Appoints New Board Member
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Universal American Corp. (NYSE: UAM) announced that Dr. Mohit Kaushal has been appointed to the company’s board of directors. Dr. Kaushal, trained as an emergency room physician, is a leader in healthcare information technology serving as board member, advisor and investor in numerous healthcare IT and services companies aimed at improving clinical outcomes and lowering costs, particularly in the Medicare population.
Richard A. Barasch, Chairman and CEO commented “Over the past 15 years, we have built a platform that combines efficient use of data and care management protocols with the critical work of establishing trust with our physician partners with the goal of improved quality and lower costs. As payment reform accelerates, Dr. Kaushal’s deep experience in health policy, clinical operations and healthcare IT will be an exceptionally valuable asset to Universal American as we continue to strengthen and grow this platform. We now have over 350,000 Medicare beneficiaries on this platform in Medicare Advantage, Medicare Shared Savings ACOs and Next Generation ACOs.”
Dr. Kaushal is an experienced healthcare investor and is an Adjunct Professor at Stanford University and a Scholar in Residence at the Duke Margolis Center for Health Policy. Dr. Kaushal previously served in the Obama administration as a member of the Health IT task force. Dr. Kaushal holds a MBA from Stanford University and an MD with distinction from Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine in London, England.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Facebook's virtual-reality tech was not stolen, Zuckerberg testifies
- iRobot Corp. (IRBT) Names Elisha Finney to Board of Directors
- ParkerVision (PRKR) Says FBR to Advise on Acquisition Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesStanford, Barack Obama
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!