United Natural Foods (UNFI) Appoints New Board Chairman
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
United Natural Foods, Inc. (Nasdaq: UNFI) announced that its President and Chief Executive Officer, Steven L. Spinner, was appointed Chairman of UNFI’s Board of Directors, effective following the Company’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders in December 2016. Mr. Spinner will succeed Michael S. Funk, the co-founder, former Chief Executive Officer and current Chairman of UNFI, who will remain a director.
“Thanks to Steve’s leadership over the last eight years UNFI has undergone a dramatic evolution,” said James P. Heffernan, UNFI’s lead independent director. “On behalf of the Board of Directors, we have confidence in Steve’s ability to continue to execute upon UNFI’s strategic vision for growth. I would also like to thank Michael for his exemplary leadership of our Board and his continued guidance, input and leadership.”
“I appreciate the Board’s recognition of the Company’s success and its confidence in our future,” said Mr. Spinner. “We have accomplished a great deal in building our business and developing an incredibly talented team of people and we believe we are beginning to see the results of our strategic initiatives.”
“After 40 years of being involved with UNFI, I am as excited as ever about our future,” said Mr. Funk. “Steve and I enjoy a great working relationship and I look forward to continuing to work with him as a member of UNFI’s Board.”
Mr. Spinner has served as UNFI’s President and Chief Executive Officer and as a member of the Company’s Board of Directors since September 2008. Over that period, UNFI’s net sales have grown from approximately $3.5 billion in Fiscal 2009 to nearly $8.5 billion in Fiscal 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
- CSX Corp. (CSX) Says It Will Actively Evaluate Mantle Ridge's Views, Will Discuss Core Strategy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!