Twitter (TWTR) Acquires Yes Inc and Names Keith Coleman VP of Product
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - December 1, 2016 5:45 PM EST)
Twitter (NYSE: TWTR) acquired Yes Inc and named Keith Coleman VP of Product.
Yes! We’re joining forces with Twitter
When we came together to form Yes, we set out to build products to bring people closer to one another. From Frenzy, which brought friends together in real life, toWYD, which has made so many of us feel closer to our more remote friends and family, it has been awesome to be able to brighten our users’ days, every day. And to all of our users who have helped shape our apps via feedback and suggestions: thank you! It has been an amazing journey together.
Today, we’re excited to announce a new chapter in the journey: Yes will be joining Twitter! Our team has always admired Twitter, a product that brings the whole world closer. From elections to revolutions, olympics to arts, it connects people across the globe around the events that are happening right now. Twitter also speaks to our love of working at a global scale. Prior to forming Yes, our team spent their careers building products like Gmail, Android, PayPal and others that serve hundreds of millions of people, and we’re excited to bring our efforts to connecting the world at a huge scale.
What does this mean for our apps? In the coming weeks, we’ll be shutting down our apps so that we can focus entirely on our new efforts. We are sad to see them go, but excited about the future 😊. Thank you to all of you who have loved them as much as we have and contributed along the way!
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stocks with call price movement; USO TWTR
- Information Services Group (III) Announces Transformational Merger with Alsbridge Holdings
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!