Tessco Technologies (TESS) Appoints New CEO
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Tessco Technologies (NASDAQ: TESS) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed Murray Wright as President and Chief Executive Officer. Wright was also elected to TESSCO’s Board of Directors. Robert B. Barnhill, Jr. will assume the role of Executive Chairman and will continue to serve as the Chairman of TESSCO’s Board.
“This is an ideal time for Murray Wright to become TESSCO’s next Chief Executive Officer, as we evolve from a transaction supplier to a consultative, end-to-end solution provider that enables the deployment of network and connectivity systems,” said Barnhill, TESSCO’s Founder, President, Chairman and CEO. “Murray is a strong, experienced and innovative leader. He is ready to respond to the exponential pace of change in wireless technologies, networks and applications, customer expectations and doing business digitally. Murray has the drive, ability and commitment to accelerate the transformations already underway to achieve breakthrough success in the exploding world of wireless connectivity. He has strong experience in both sales and operational roles with Tech Data, Ingram Micro and other industry-leading companies. As Executive Chairman, I look forward to supporting Murray by contributing to our transformation strategies, and manufacturer and customer relationships.”
“After an extensive search led by the executive search firm Spencer Stuart, the Board is very pleased to welcome Murray Wright as TESSCO’s new President and CEO,” said John D. Beletic, TESSCO’s independent lead Board director. “In 1982 Bob Barnhill founded TESSCO as Your Total Source for 2-way radio dealers, and has built the company to what it is today. We look forward to continued growth under Murray’s leadership as President and CEO.”
“I am honored to be selected as TESSCO’s next CEO and I am enthusiastic about the opportunities ahead for growing the business," said Wright. “I look forward to working with Mr. Barnhill, the Board, and the talented TESSCO leadership and team members to build on TESSCO’s long-standing history of achievement and success.”
About Murray Wright
- Murray Wright was most recently CEO & President of Zones, Inc., a global IT solutions provider with approximately $1.5 billion in revenues.
- Prior to Zones, Inc., Mr. Wright was President, The Americas for Tech Data, a $28 billion publicly traded, global distributor of IT products and services.
- Mr. Wright has served as President of Lenovo Canada, Inc.
- Mr. Wright has also served as General Manager and Vice President of Americas Sales for Ingram Micro Canada.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- Biogen (BIIB), AbbVie (ABBV) Receive Health Canada Approve for Once-Monthly Zinbryata
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesManagement Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!